I'm getting logged out @ key moments!!!!

Having a problem with the forum? Take a look here to see if we know about it.
sae70
MUD NUT
MUD NUT
My Vehicle(s): Land Cruiser

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Just spent 20 minutes replying to a post made by Ben in this thread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; only to find I've been logged out just as I hit the submit button :!: So I set to re-typing the same reply only to be logged out @ exactly the same moment again :shock: Luckily this time I'd saved the content & was able to log straight back in paste it & submit it in the blink of an eye :ymparty:

This has never happened to me before is there something that I should know about for the future so that I can avoid this happening again as it's a little annoying :biggrin:
Regards

Steven
1nkling
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Vehicle(s): 09 Landrover Freelander 2

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Odd.. have you changed browser or something?

Personally I always click the box that says 'log me on automatically each visit' and that keeps me logged in until I restart my browser and the cookies get dumped.. otherwise it will log you out after a certain period of time..

There've certainly been no changes to the board that would have this effect so I can only assume its something to do with how your browser is handling cookies..
sae70
MUD NUT
MUD NUT
My Vehicle(s): Land Cruiser

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:24 pm

1nkling wrote:Odd.. have you changed browser or something?
No I haven't :|
1nkling wrote:Personally I always click the box that says 'log me on automatically each visit' and that keeps me logged in until I restart my browser and the cookies get dumped..
I also do this :)
1nkling wrote:otherwise it will log you out after a certain period of time..
I did wonder if this was the problem :) What is the period of time :?:
1nkling wrote:There've certainly been no changes to the board that would have this effect so I can only assume its something to do with how your browser is handling cookies..
Mmmm......maybe :| I just had a chat to the wife about it & she's been getting logged out of her VPN on & off today so maybe there is a problem @ this end :roll:

Thank you :-bd
Regards

Steven