View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 anyone around 

Offroad Guru
Offroad Guru

My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other
Post anyone around
hi guys
I keep popping in but find its always empty in here, does anyone still hang out here ?

Andy

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Got Muds
Got Muds

My Vehicle(s): Vitara JX
Post Re: anyone around
Hi Andy,
Likewise also keep checking to see what's happening, been gradually getting my JX sorted out for some off roading but been slow work as low on cash. Fited diff protection 5mm steel a bit on the heavy side, front recovery point's fited, 1.5in suspension lift.
Managed to get together some self recovery stuff from the Newbury autojumbal, would still like to get winch but still not sure if a 3000-3500lb would be sufishent.

Sourced a 110A alternator, managed to change the flat belt pulley for A section pully to charge a second hevey duty battery to power my radio equipment. Still trying to work out the bracketing arrangement thinking of replacing the fan for a electric one so that the auxiliary belt can get better traction on the alternator and steering pump.
Also looking at fabricating steel bumper's front and rear, rock & tree sliders, but the big chalange will be sorting out a roof rack too carry masting and antennas as my JX has soft and hard tops.

Raymond

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 pm

My Vehicle(s): The Barbie collection.
Andy!!!!!!!!!

i'm still here bud! :ymhug:

what crazy crap are you playing with at the moment?

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 pm
Profile WWW

Offroad Guru
Offroad Guru

hello Steve/Ray
nice to see some one is still here lol
not been doing any offroading for the last couple of years but feel its time I had another fourby of some sort
so I acquired a jimny for 200 quid ok its cheap but it had had a gentle roll so every panel had superficial damage but now its one of them rarer light weight versions :roll: :roll: :roll:

hows that vitara of yours Steve still soldering on, must have some miles on it by now

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Got Muds
Got Muds

My Vehicle(s): Vitara JX
Looks like the makings of a competition truck. Started to look at the bracketing required for a second alternator, my welding isn't up to the job so started to make a pattern to cast one from some scrap aluminium from old engine mounts. May have a go at casting the carrier bracket this weekend.

- Post below merged at Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:37 pm - Please edit rather than double posting within 1 hour of last post - Admin -

Looks like the makings of a competition truck. Started to look at the bracketing required for a second alternator, my welding isn't up to the job so started to make a pattern to cast one from some scrap aluminium from old engine mounts. May have a go at casting the carrier bracket this weekend.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:37 pm

What are the plans for the jimny then bud?

Aye, the Vits done a LOT of miles now, but having bought a daily drive a few years ago, they're not racking up as quickly now :)

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:55 pm
Profile WWW

Offroad Guru
Offroad Guru

I was just looking at a few of the threads, one of someone welding up a jimny boot floor caught my eye, wow that looks a mission, the one I am stripping to build a buggy has a perfectly good floor, if anyone wants it for free then they are welcome to it, shout now before I scrap the body shell

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Site Admin
Site Admin

My Vehicle(s): 99 Vitara SWB
I'm still knocking around and checking in every few days. Waiting on Steve to tell me what his grand plans are for revitalising the club now he's in charge. :))

I'm actually back driving a Suzuki now too although it's a Swift so not so good off road. Still got the Landcruiser for that though.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 pm

A very Special Boy
A very Special Boy

My Vehicle(s): The Old G.O.A.T.
Andy, been way too long, how goes? I still have the RatBastard commercial, and it still doesn't work properly. It's currently sat unused and unloved outside the house, I haven't even unlocked it in weeks. I'd love to get it running properly, but I just don't know where to start. Haven't been 'laning in well over a year.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:33 am

Offroad Guru
Offroad Guru

1nkling wrote:
I'm still knocking around and checking in every few days. Waiting on Steve to tell me what his grand plans are for revitalising the club now he's in charge. :))

I'm actually back driving a Suzuki now too although it's a Swift so not so good off road. Still got the Landcruiser for that though.

Hi ink glad to see your still around, hows things down there did you ever get your "winter pack"

- Post below merged at Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:52 pm - Please edit rather than double posting within 1 hour of last post - Admin -

ubermeister wrote:
Andy, been way too long, how goes? I still have the RatBastard commercial, and it still doesn't work properly. It's currently sat unused and unloved outside the house, I haven't even unlocked it in weeks. I'd love to get it running properly, but I just don't know where to start. Haven't been 'laning in well over a year.

hi uber hows things with you, whats up with the commercial, I still have mine too has been out for 3 years lol

- Post below merged at Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:54 pm - Please edit rather than double posting within 1 hour of last post - Admin -

Munkee wrote:
What are the plans for the jimny then bud?

Aye, the Vits done a LOT of miles now, but having bought a daily drive a few years ago, they're not racking up as quickly now :)

jimny is just going to be a tube buggy, going to lose all the body and make a tube body a bit like a uva fugitive, completely standard chassis and running gear, the tall Suzuki engine sitting way up over the axle screws up the body line too much so that will have to go to be replaced with something a lot lower like a flat four

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:54 pm

A very Special Boy
A very Special Boy

My Vehicle(s): The Old G.O.A.T.
The heaters don't work, they never have, and a couple of times recently it's puked its coolant out all over the road. I don't really have the knowledge to fix it, don't like playing with engines, and I don't really fancy paying to have it done at a garage. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I'm a bit worried the engine is borked. It's currently sat unusable outside the house and i don't really know what to do with it.

Liking the Jimny tube buggy, I still fancy one like the X90 I saw at yours way back when.

Mon May 02, 2016 7:41 am

Mud Mad
Mud Mad

My Vehicle(s): Vitara.
I look in every other day. Ive still got my vit but its been sorned for 2.5 years now.

Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 pm

Site Admin
Site Admin

My Vehicle(s): 99 Vitara SWB
So.. Where do I start? 3" lift? Winch bumper? :))

Wed May 04, 2016 2:42 pm

MWWWAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

PPPPFFFFffffff.....

AAA HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAAA!

*sniff*

Teheeeheeee....

Nice car 1nk. :ymhug:

Don't think I posted our latest project here...

Epic.

Wed May 04, 2016 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

Evening all.

Is that a super minx Steve?

Kev

Fri May 06, 2016 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next