Cutting silicone hose.

This section is to be used for technical write ups, the knowledge compendiums for specific vehicles and step-by-step guides to making modifications. Please make all write ups as detailed as possible and start each one in a new thread. No chat just a clean source of information. Write access is by request and will be decided by the admin team. If you feel a forum thread deserves to be in this section PM an admin who will move it. If you feel a write up needs amending PM the original author.

Moderator: Richie

Forum rules
This section is to be used for technical write ups, and step-by-step guides to making modifications. Please make all write ups as detailed as possible and start each one in a new thread. No chat just a clean source of information. Write access is by request and will be decided by the admin team. If you feel a forum thread deserves to be in this section PM an admin who will move it. If you feel a write up needs ammending PM the original author.
Paul McCleary
Playing in the mud
Playing in the mud
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:27 am

Silicone hoses can be a bitch to cut so they look square.
The method I use is:
First off work out where the hose needs cutting.
Then find a Socket that has the same outer diameter as the internal diameter of the hose.
Find a suitable knife to cut the hose. Disposable craft knives are perfect(pack of 15 from most pound shops;) )
Slip the socket inside the hose untill the top edge of the socket is in line with where you wish to cut.
Grip the socket inside the hose with your hand to hold it in place and use the edge of the socket as a guide to cut against with the knife.....

Pictures speak a thousand words.

Paul. :D
kevin

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:17 am

top tip :ymapplause:
should we have a top tip section?
suzukitrayback
MUD NUT
MUD NUT

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:55 am