Blown my diff on my grand vitara

Anything to do with the Vitara Series
Damian1988

Blown my diff on my grand vitara

Post by Damian1988 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi guys blew the front diff on my grand vitara on the weekend looking to upgrade to a steel diff but unsure which ones will fit mines a 1.6 2002 soft top model if that helps

Damian

camo vit

Re: Blown my diff on my grand vitara

Post by camo vit » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 pm

I have a steel diff from a diesel grand, on my 4u2 vitara, so I can only assume any steel vitara front diff case will fit, (have no idea which model mine was off), you may need to alter the mounts ect, and of course the internals to match your ratio, you should be able to get someone to put your diff into the new case, unless you broke that as well.
good luck

Damian1988

Post by Damian1988 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Yeah I smashed my internals as well when the case broke, I've got a replacement steel diff now from a v6 grand vitara but am I right in thinking the ratio will be different ? Or will it be a straight swap as they are both 26 spline driveshafits?

1nkling
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Vehicle(s): 99 Vitara SWB

Post by 1nkling » Sat May 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Damian1988 wrote:Yeah I smashed my internals as well when the case broke, I've got a replacement steel diff now from a v6 grand vitara but am I right in thinking the ratio will be different ? Or will it be a straight swap as they are both 26 spline driveshafits?
Don't quote me but I seem to remember the ratio in the V6 ones being different to the Diesel. :|