Vitara fuel pump replacement

Anything to do with the Vitara Series
Post Reply
User avatar
brado
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:57 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other
Location: Cannock, Staffs

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi
My vitaras fuel pump has died and i cant seem to get one apart from main stealer and at £476.25 thats not a option,
So has anyone ever found a new replacement pump at a sensibly price?

Thanks Brado
User avatar
Robbiedaboy
Mud For Blood
Mud For Blood
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 am
My Vehicle(s): Vitara/ dahtsui
Location: Hereford

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Sh*t are they really that price ouch ,
Is yours a 8v or 16v is their a differance
Mud is the future Roll on the weekend
Rhinoman
Offroad Guru
Offroad Guru
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:52 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other
Location: Brinkworth, Wiltshire
Contact:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Have you seen this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17885" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorbikes
User avatar
ChiChoAndy
Winch Bitch
Winch Bitch
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm
My Vehicle(s): '98 Vitara Tintop SWB
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Dave is breaking stealth... Might be worth seeing if he has his fuel pump available. It is an 8v I think.
User avatar
brado
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:57 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other
Location: Cannock, Staffs

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 am

Robbiedaboy wrote:Sh*t are they really that price ouch ,
Is yours a 8v or 16v is their a differance
yeah stupid price mate soz should of said mines a 8v
Rhinoman wrote:Have you seen this:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17885" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Rhinoman :-bd
ChiChoAndy wrote:Dave is breaking stealth... Might be worth seeing if he has his fuel pump available. It is an 8v I think.
I was at Daves last weekend too but my pump died 2 days ago :-q
User avatar
apd
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:10 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / jeep
Location: Blokey in Bridgnorth!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Pru uktrading in Kent are selling pumps £29.90 delivered found them on ebay
07946811207

- Post below merged at 14 Apr 2013 18:47 - Please edit rather than double posting within 1 hour of last post - Admin -

Pru uktrading in Kent are selling pumps £29.90 delivered found them on ebay
07946811207
User avatar
brado
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:57 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other
Location: Cannock, Staffs

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

apd wrote:Pru uktrading in Kent are selling pumps £29.90 delivered found them on ebay
07946811207

- Post below merged at 14 Apr 2013 18:47 - Please edit rather than double posting within 1 hour of last post - Admin -

Pru uktrading in Kent are selling pumps £29.90 delivered found them on ebay
07946811207
You got link mate?

Thanks Brado
User avatar
oifovo
Winch Bitch
Winch Bitch
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara JX 4 U
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 pm

You will need to identify the pump you have first as apparently different ones were used over the years. We have JX 4U which is one of the latest Vitara models before Grand Vitaras and I had the same issue as you. The MX5 pump I used as a replacement is still running strong with no issues whatsoever. It is obviously not as straight forward as getting a direct replacement pump but it was by no means difficult to modify it and if you can drop the tank and get the pump out you can surely fit the mx5 pump too. This is what you'll need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mazda-mx-5-mx ... 417272856e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But if your Vit is older you might be lucky as for some models there seem to be plenty replacement pumps available for not too much money!
User avatar
brado
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:57 pm
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other
Location: Cannock, Staffs

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:03 pm

oifovo wrote:You will need to identify the pump you have first as apparently different ones were used over the years. We have JX 4U which is one of the latest Vitara models before Grand Vitaras and I had the same issue as you. The MX5 pump I used as a replacement is still running strong with no issues whatsoever. It is obviously not as straight forward as getting a direct replacement pump but it was by no means difficult to modify it and if you can drop the tank and get the pump out you can surely fit the mx5 pump too. This is what you'll need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mazda-mx-5-mx ... 417272856e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But if your Vit is older you might be lucky as for some models there seem to be plenty replacement pumps available for not too much money!
Thanks mate already ordered one from Dakarsuzuki tho :-bd
Post Reply