Any General Technical Questions
Dave_Wright
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Samuri seats

Post by Dave_Wright » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 am

Hi All,
Ive stumbled upon a 1991 Sammy, it needs a little tlc to say the least, among things that need attention are the front seats (back seat must have disappeared long ago. Basicly itlooks a good sound truck but the seats are well knackered, they are bucket seats at the mo, now me not being as nimble as I used to be think I need something more straight forward to sit in. What would be a good replacement ? I understand that the rail spacers are a odd size. I don't want to spend to much but need it comfy.

Dave

mud and diesel
Welsh Adonis
Welsh Adonis
My Vehicle(s): Big Vitara TDI

Re: Samuri seats

Post by mud and diesel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Vitara seats can be modded to fit quite easily, but whatever seats you chose they need to be quite narrow as most modern car seats are enormous by comparison.

Munkee
My Vehicle(s): The Barbie collection.

Post by Munkee » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Seats from an MX5 are a great choice, pretty supportive, and cheap. Look for the mk 2 (NB) facelift versions for most comfort.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mazda-mx5-sea ... Swno1Zod3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mud and diesel wrote: ...turns out ive got a robins nest in my overalls, with a chick in so im going to have to leave the little sod for the next 2 weeks

Dave_Wright
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Post by Dave_Wright » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks guys, hopefully i'll be able to do a deal on getting the Sammy asap, and get to work on it as it needs a fare bit of restoration.

Dave W