vitara commercial lift help??!

Any General Technical Questions
N80 JCK

vitara commercial lift help??!

Post by N80 JCK » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi everyone my first post so please be gentle. Im jack amd ive just acquired a vitara commercial. Ive owned a few vits but this is my first diesel. I want a 2-3" suspension lift and the same again on body lift. Can i use the normal petrol kits or what do i need. Any help greatly appreciated as confusing the hell out of myself looking at loads of different kits trying to work it out.

ubermeister
A very Special Boy
A very Special Boy
My Vehicle(s): The Old G.O.A.T.

Re: vitara commercial lift help??!

Post by ubermeister » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello Jack, welcome to the forum. Yes you can use a petrol lift kit, they are no different to what's on the commercial. I have a commercial (affectionally refered to as the Rat B4stard Commie), which is fitted with a Calmini kit. The one thing to be aware of is that the front end will sit slightly lower due to the weight of the diesel engine. Mine sits just under an inch lower than it did when the Calmini was fitted my previous (petrol) Vitara.
Hope this helps

p.s. :ttiwwp:

N80 JCK

Post by N80 JCK » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:40 pm

ideal thankyou for clarifying that for me, have ordered a trailmaster kit now :-). and i am working on pics but just looks like a standard commie with a half safari roofrack atm lol

Richie
Green Lanes Mod
Green Lanes Mod
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Post by Richie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:48 am

Have a read of my Van Halegone thread for a full write up the commercial and its differences .

Richie
The Low Ranger...........