Sj 410 wont start - electrical?

Any General Technical Questions
College

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi, only an occasional visitor to this forum but as you have helped me in the past hope you wont mind me dipping into the font of knowledge again.

Use our S410 for teaching the kids to drive in friendly farmer's fields. used it last week -everything fine and then put it back in the shed.
Went to start it today and whilst battery appears fine, all dash lights come on,when you turn the key to start- nothing not even a little click?

Have put the battery on charge just to make sure but what should I look for in the morning? Duff starter relay? Fuse- any idea where the fuse's are in a 410?, Starter motor? How can I tell if it is the relay or the starter motor?

Any other pointers /tips most welocme. Thanks
Russy196
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Mate,

410's are very basic, the wire from the ignition switch connects directly to the back of the stater motor.

Pull the wire off the starter motor (the small one) and see if you have power while an assistant turns the ignition to start.

I'd guess that the wire is disconnected or that the ignition switch is fubar.
College

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:41 am

thanks for the help. after charging the battery and whacking the starter motor with wooden mallet all now appears to be ok. duh.
Russy196
Mud Mad
Mud Mad
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:52 am

Yup, that'll do it.

Solenoid stuck, happens more often than not after deep water.