samurai glass roof

Anything to do with the SJ/LJ Series
voodoo-beast
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 pm

anybody got any idea where i can get a glass roof for my 89 samurai from? the one i had covered the front section from the windscreen to the bar above the back of the front seats but now its in 3.5 million pieces most of which are down the back of my neck! have never seen another one and assume it was originally part of the plastic truckman type top on the back body. have heard that somebody makes fibreglass or plastic ones. got to find something as i dont want to put it back to a soft top. help?
jsyboy83
Mud For Blood
Mud For Blood
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJJ5

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm

voodoo-beast wrote:anybody got any idea where i can get a glass roof for my 89 samurai from? the one i had covered the front section from the windscreen to the bar above the back of the front seats but now its in 3.5 million pieces most of which are down the back of my neck! have never seen another one and assume it was originally part of the plastic truckman type top on the back body. have heard that somebody makes fibreglass or plastic ones. got to find something as i dont want to put it back to a soft top. help?
Hey hey,

Well depending what you use the truck for, you could always look into polycarbonate ones. we have to use them all the time for the rally cars instead of glass, to meet MSA regulations, and considering they come in all shapes and sizes plus are moulded to the shape of the gaps, they fit perfect and are tuff as a brick dunny.

Worth a look at...

Ed
voodoo-beast
My Vehicle(s): Vitara / SJ / Jimny / Other

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm

hi ed and thanks for the reply.had a quick look at polycarbs but seemed mighty expensive so made one out of aluminium for a tenner. looks great and only leaks when the truck is moving or it's raining . sorted!!